At the Employment Office - Part 1 - LINC 3.19

9:48 AM

Watch the video. Listen and repeat to improve your pronunciation. Complete the exercise below.
to inquire   •  when I can speak   •  job listed   •  what I did   •  typing job listed   •  keep trying   •  putting it off   •  drop it off   •  who to see   •  former employer   •  job posted   •  check out   •  as a secretary   •  dropped by   •  started looking  
Click and Drop: click on a word in the box above and then in the correct space. Check your answers. What is your score?
JOYCE: To underline, press "Control" and "U" ... that's ... Hello.
TASHA: Oh, hello, Joyce. This is Tasha.
JOYCE: Oh, hi, Tasha. How are you?
TASHA: Well, I'm fine, thanks. And how about you?
JOYCE: I'm okay. This computer is driving me crazy!
TASHA: Well, you just have to . You can do it!
JOYCE: I suppose.
TASHA: Listen, I the Canada Employment Office after I left work.
JOYCE: Are you looking for a new job?
TASHA: No. I had some employment information from my boss. I had to . But would you be interested in a job?
JOYCE: Why?
TASHA: Well, they have a secretarial on the board that you should .
JOYCE: I don't know. I haven't worked for some time.
TASHA: Well, it wouldn't hurt about it.
JOYCE: I am interested. I've just been for a while.
TASHA: You should go down to CEC as soon as possible.
JOYCE: Can you tell me ?
TASHA: Just tell the receptionist that you're interested in the on the "help wanted" board.
JOYCE: Thanks, Tasha. I really appreciate it.
TASHA: Lots of luck! L1NC 3.19
JOYCE: Bye-bye.
TASHA: Bye.
At Reception
RECEPTIONIST: Can I help you?
JOYCE: Yes. I'm interested in a secretarial on the board.
RECEPTIONIST: Okay. Have you been here before?
JOYCE: No. I've just for a job.
RECEPTIONIST: Okay. You have to fill this application form first before you see a counsellor. Have you worked before?
JOYCE: I worked for five years or so before my children were born.
RECEPTIONIST: Okay. Be sure and put that on the application form. And also include your job skills, the name of your , and don't forget your social insurance number.
JOYCE: Okay. I'll do that right now.
RECEPTIONIST: Let me know if you need any help.
JOYCE: Thanks. Ah, can you tell me to a counsellor?
RECEPTIONIST: It shouldn't be too long.
JOYCE: Thank you.
This exercise has been made using a free generator and script at Random Idea English Video courtesy TRU University – Open Learning Division

You Might Also Like

0 comments