Asking for Directions 1 - LINC 1.22

4:46 PM

Watch the video. Listen and repeat to improve your pronunciation.
store   ·  the second floor   ·  go to   ·  walk straight   ·  I'm looking   ·  Go down   ·  a good day   ·  in front of   ·  Down the stairs   ·  these stairs   ·  you will see   ·  very much   ·  the post office   ·  Excuse me   ·  next to   ·  could you   ·  turn left   ·  Take   ·  catch that   ·  behind   ·  that name   ·  looking for   ·  turn left   ·  Pardon me   ·  very welcome  
Click and Drop: click on a word in the box above and then in the correct space. Check your answers. What is your score?
PERSON 1: .
CLERK: Yes. Can I help you?
PERSON 1: for the passport office.
CLERK: Passport office? the elevator the coffee shop.
PERSON 1: Ah, where's that?
CLERK: Go to that corner, , and go to the next corner and take the elevator to .
PERSON 1: I'm sorry, repeat that?
CLERK: Certainly. From here, turn around and that corner.
PERSON 1: Yes?
CLERK: Then, and go to the next corner.
PERSON 1: Okay, I go left, then I go to the next corner. Yes.
CLERK: At that corner the elevators. Take the elevator to the second floor.
PERSON 1: Great! Thank you .
CLERK: You're .
CLERK: Hello, can I help you?
PERSON 2: Please. I'm the Skytrain.
CLERK: The Skytrain! these stairs, turn left, walk across until you come to the next set of stairs. Go down them and turn right.
PERSON 2: ! I didn't quite !
CLERK: Go down and turn left.
PERSON 2: Turn left, yes.
CLERK: Then until you see another set of stairs in front of you.
PERSON 2: Oh, yes!
CLERK: Go down these stairs and turn right.
PERSON 2: I see. Thank you.
CLERK: You're welcome. Have now.
PERSON 2: Bye-bye.
PERSON 3: Hello. Can you help me? I'm looking for my friend Renee. She works here.
CLERK: I'm sorry, I don't recognize . Does she work in one of the offices upstairs?
PERSON 3: Oh no! She works in the stationary .
CLERK: Oh, the stationary store, just next to .
PERSON 3: Yes.
CLERK: Go down these stairs. Turn left and then turn right.
PERSON 3: , turn left, and then right. Thank you very much.
PERSON 4: Hi! Where's the Arabaca?
CLERK: The cafe!
PERSON 4: Yes, the Arabaca Coffee Shop!
CLERK: Go down these stairs, and walk around the stairs. It'll be you.
PERSON 4: Great. Thanks a lot.
This exercise has been made using a free generator and script at Random Idea English Video courtesy TRU University - Open Learning Division

You Might Also Like

0 comments